Retriever Payment Systems is dedicated to helping merchants in California become EMV compliant quickly and seamlessly. Our EMV cutting edge technology product offerings are very affordable and PCI secure.
The Payment Card Industry (PCI) and Data Security Standard (DSS) follow common-sense steps that mirror security best practices. There are three steps for adhering to the PCI DSS – which is not a single event, but a continuous, ongoing process. First, Assess — identify cardholder data, take an inventory of your IT assets and business processes for payment card processing, and analyze them for vulnerabilities that could expose cardholder data. Second, Remediate — fix vulnerabilities and do not store cardholder data unless you need it. Third, Report — compile and submit required remediation validation records (if applicable), and submit compliance reports to the acquiring bank and card brands you do business with.
Recommendations to help reduce credit card fraud and security breaches:
- Become EMV compliant
- Have firewalls in place if you have internet connectivity
- Keep patches up to date
- Install antivirus software
- Change passwords often/create one if you have not yet already
- Turn off remote access when not needed or in use
- Stay educated
- Contact your POS provider to see what is stored in your system
For more information visit www.gorspa.org to find:
- A list of VISA’s best practices
- Sources to assist in compliancy
- Sources to assist in the event of a security breech
Instructions on how to be PCI Compliant
For more information on PCI security standards, visit https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org.
Contact Retriever Payment Systems and discover how much money your business can save in credit card processing!