Chip based smart cards are designed to reduce fraud at the Point-of-Sale and have been in existence since the 1990’s in foreign countries. Named after its original developers (Europay, MasterCard and Visa), EMV is now introduced to the US. Merchants must modify and regulate their POS systems to accommodate chip based cards by October 2015 or be subject to pay additional fees, and any and all fraud.
Retriever Payment Systems is dedicated to helping merchants in California become EMV compliant quickly and seamlessly. Our EMV cutting edge technology product offerings are very affordable and PCI secure.
EMV Benefits to merchants and consumers include:
- Fewer charge backs and improved dispute resolution
- Protection against counterfeiting, cloning and skimming
- Protection against any and all liability in fraudulent purchases at the Point-of-Sale
- Can be used as “contactless” where card is tapped or held near the terminal
- Used in a smart phone which is waved near the terminal (Apple Pay, Google Wallet, PayPal)
Contact Retriever Payment Systems and discover how much money your business can save in credit card processing!